Are Vaginal O Shots just as effective as people say? Here’s what skin doctors near you say
Are you looking for a way to reinvigorate your sex life and get rid of vaginal dryness and lack of sensation? It’s normal for women to lose their sex drive as they grow older, making it tough to get intimate with their partners. However, with the advancement in science, women can now reclaim their sexual health and pleasure.
One of the most effective procedures used to increase sexual arousal and rejuvenate the vagina is the O-shot. It stands for orgasm shot, and women worldwide are using it to reinstate their sexual activity. Here are some of the common questions which may arise in your mind before opting for an O-shot.
Is it a surgical method?
- One of the main concerns of women is whether the treatment is a surgical one. O-shot is a non-surgical procedure, usually performed in a medical office by a trained physician. The process uses platelet-rich plasma (PRP), a concentration of a patient’s blood platelets. The platelets are then injected into the vaginal tissue and the clitoral area to stimulate cell growth.
The inventor believed that platelets naturally attract the stem cells to the injected area and generate healthier and functional tissue in the areas of sexual response in the vagina (G-Spot, urethra, and vaginal wall) encourages tissue regeneration and increases blood flow. Patients usually receive two injections: one in the clitoris and the other in the wall of the vagina.
Who came up with the idea?
- Vaginal O Shots were invented in 2011 by Dr Charles Runels, a medical researcher, and an internist. He and his girlfriend got the idea when he performed a Vampire Facelift on her (a procedure to tighten the skin) and discussed if the same could be done ‘down there.’
The discussion and his recurrent conversations with his female patients who were disturbed by their unsatisfactory sex life led to the procedure’s creation.
Does Vaginal O Shots Hurt?
- If you’re wondering whether the procedure is painful, then fret not because most of the patients felt little to no pain. The injection is given after topical numbing, so the main discomfort is due to anxiety from the needle rather than the injection itself.
The powerful numbing cream makes the treatment painless. While the experience differs for every person, most patients only felt minor discomfort. They describe the injection as a subtle pinch or a warm sensation. There is no recovery time with this procedure. It is quick and generally takes around 30 minutes to complete, including the numbing process.
Are You An Ideal Candidate For V-O-Shots?
While women over the age of 40 are mostly known to get the shot, it does not just cater to them. Experts suggest women of 18 and above can obtain it. We need to debunk the myth that sexual dysfunction is limited to older women. Sexual dysfunction can start at any age. It’s more based on symptoms than age. The Vaginal O-shot can treat the following conditions:
- Stress urinary incontinence
- Vaginal dryness
- Sexual dysfunction or painful intercourse
- Inability or decreased ability to achieve orgasm
- Chronic vaginal pain from childbirth or transvaginal mesh
- Weakness or pain in the pelvic floor
If you want a trained and experienced practitioner to handle the procedure, book a consultation with Missoula Wellness and Medispa.