5 proven benefits of IPL hair removal that you probably didn’t know
Body hair are a nuisance. They make you appear unkempt and go against the general standards of beauty and a groomed appearance. Multiple hair removing techniques such as waxing, shaving, hair removal creams, and threading has been practiced by beauty enthusiasts for as long as we can remember. However, there is a catch in all these techniques. They don’t give permanent results and hair reappears within 10-15 days.
This is where laser hair removal techniques come into action. They offer the permanent removal of unwanted hair. Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) is one of the most advanced hair removal techniques that uses pulses of laser light to damage the hair follicle that lies beneath the dermis. Once the follicle has been damaged by repeated laser action, it will lose its ability to grow hair and the hair will be gone forever.
Intense Pulse Laser hair removal is being practiced by aestheticians all around the world. It offers the following benefits which make it a popular and sought-after hair removal method.
Saves Cost in The Long Run
- IPL offers a permanent hair removal solution. Traditional hair removal treatments such as waxing, razors, and the use of depilatory creams need to be performed over and over again and again. The recurrent cost of these treatments surpasses the up-front cost of IPL treatment. You can achieve permanent hair removal results with just a couple of sessions of IPL treatment.
- Traditional hair removal methods like waxing, epilating, and threading work by plucking the hair from the roots. Plucking can be quite painful especially in sensitive body parts such as the underarms and bikini line. Sometimes, all hair is not plucked out due to poor technique. The ingrown hair presents quite an unsightly sight. Razors can often cause cuts, burns, or irritation.
Compared to the rest of them, IPL hair removal is a relatively pain-free method.
Can Be Performed on Underlying Hair
- For traditional hair removal methods, you have to wait for underlying hair to grow out and then remove them. This means that there will be days when you will have long surface hair and not the perfect hair-free skin you aspire for. IPL hair removal treatment can be performed on underlying hair that hasn’t appeared on the surface.
In fact, before starting the session, all surface hair is shaved so they don’t get burned in the process. Hence, with IPL treatment, your skin will remain free of body hair all the time.
Hair Growth Wanes Over Time
- IPL works on a sub-dermal level. It damages the pigment and the hair follicle from which hair is grown out. Hair grows in multiple stages. Once the follicle is damaged in the growth stage, the life cycle is shortened and hair production is stopped eventually. With IPL, hair growth wanes over time and eventually stops, giving you permanent results.
Time Effective Method
- Traditional hair removal methods require considerable time and effort. It can be difficult to accommodate them in a busy and demanding lifestyle where every minute matters. You can get achieve permanent hair removal in three to seven sessions of IPL treatment. Each session takes 30- 60 minutes and can even be accommodated during your lunch break.
There is no downtime associated with this treatment and you can continue with your everyday activities as usual.
After learning the multiple benefits of IPL hair removal treatment, there shouldn’t be any doubts left. Book your appointment at Missoula Wellness and Medispa. We offer services in Missoula, Montana, and nearby areas.