Doctors near you share the proven benefits of preventive healthcare
The saying: ‘prevention is better than cure’ holds its merits. Preventive medicine is the proactive approach of diagnosing an underlying disease, curing it, or preventing the onslaught of disease in the first place. This is made possible by undergoing regular check-ups, attending patient counseling sessions, and undergoing screening tests to stop a budding disease in its tracks.
Early detection of any serious disease gives a head up and improves the chances of recovery. Listed below are some of the proven benefits of preventive medicine. They will convince you that making the effort to consult your physician after a few months is worth it.
Increases Your Life and Improves its Quality
- Health is one of the primary factors that determine the quality of a person’s life. Improved health also leads to a long and active life. When you opt for preventive healthcare, you are adding quality to your life. Undertaking age-appropriate screening tests help in the early detection of serious degenerative diseases such as cancer, diabetes, and mental illness. Preventive healthcare can also identify a person’s genetic susceptibility to these diseases and can recommend certain lifestyle changes and medicines to reduce its probability of occurrence.
Saves Money in The Long Run
It is a more economic approach towards medical care. It saves money in the following ways:
- Early detection of diseases means that they will be nipped in the bud. Treating chronic health conditions costs quite a fortune.
- The Affordable Care Act (ACA) has expanded the horizon of insurance services and most preventive services are covered by insurance. Hence, opting for preventive medicine and healthcare will cost you a lot less if you opt for
- No deductibles
Vaccinations Act As Preventive Mechanism
- Vaccinations are a part of preventive healthcare. They are a proactive approach to curb the spread of infectious diseases. Getting yourself vaccinated for common flu, measles, diphtheria, and mumps etc proves to be beneficial in the long run. Medical professionals have anticipated that the only hope of getting rid of the novel Coronavirus is through mass-scale vaccination.
Helps Lead an Active Life
- The quality of life is determined by how active the person is. Sometimes, people lose interest in pursuing healthy activities because of lethargy and mental issues such as depression. Lethargy can be caused due to several reasons such as low hemoglobin and less supply of oxygen to the body.
Consulting a physician helps identify different issues with the body that may be causing lethargy and inactivity. Proper treatment of these problems helps lead a physically active life.
Nip The Issue in The Bud
- Preventive medicine and healthcare revolve around the idea of catching a disease in its tracks and preventing it from spreading further. By practicing preventive healthcare, you can minimize the risks of catching diseases, especially if you have a genetic predisposition towards a certain disease. According to the latest statistics, vaccinations save the lives of 42,000 children annually.
Likewise, cardiovascular exams result in the early detection of certain malfunctions in the heart which can be repaired with proper treatment. A heart attack takes a mini second to end a life. But if the issue is identified in time, it can save precious lives. Preventive medicine takes a proactive approach to leading a healthy life. It preaches practicing good habits such as maintaining weight, consuming a balanced diet, and avoiding nicotine.
- It can also prevent and stop alcoholism, substance abuse, and addiction in its tracks. Preventive health screening is especially beneficial for people falling in the age brackets of 30-49 years old.
After learning all these benefits of preventive healthcare and medicine, we hope that you will be convinced to make it a part of your routine. Contact Missoula Wellness and Medispa to get the best advice and treatment related to preventive medicine.