Here are 5 effective ways and remedies for getting rid of cellulite naturally
Cellulite is a common condition of the skin. It is characterized by the appearance of lumpy, rippled, and dimpled flesh on the thighs and buttocks. It is a harmless condition of the skin and does not indicate underlying health issues. However, cellulite is visually unappealing and can undermine a person’s confidence.
Cellulite appears when fatty tissues in certain areas of the body push through the fibrous bands that connect the skin to the muscle. The weight of the fat causes the bands to pull down and cellulite appears as puckered or dimpled folds of skin. Cellulite is a natural condition of the skin and 98 out of 100 women experience it. However, you can reduce its appearance by following these natural and easy remedies. So read on.
1. Use of Caffeine Creams
- Caffeine has dehydrating properties. Topical application of water-soluble caffeine enhances the flow of blood to the area and results in tightened skin. Caffeine can penetrate the deep layers of skin and deliver its dehydrating properties. Hence by applying caffeine creams or scrubs, you can reduce the bumpy appearance of cellulite in 4 – 6 weeks.
2. Application of Topical Retinoids
- Retinoid is a derivative of Vitamin A. It is most commonly found in acne and anti-aging creams because of its ability to increase cell turnover and shed old skin. However, the surprising use of retinoids is their ability to reduce the appearance of cellulite. A group of volunteers applied retinoid cream with a 0.3% concentration and reported improvement in the appearance of cellulite. Retinoid increases the flow of blood which is the probable cause for the decrease in cellulite at target areas.
3. Lymphatic Drainage Massage
- Lymphatic drainage massage is a type of therapeutic massage that improves the circulation of lymphatic fluids across the body. This reduces inflammation and helps get rid of waste and toxins from the body. Lymphatic drainage massage has multiple benefits, one of which is the reduction in the appearance of cellulite. However, be mindful that for this remedy to work, you will have to undergo a massage at least three times a week. One session of the massage can be around three to four hours. Hence, it can be time-consuming.
4. Consuming Supplements of Bioactive Collagen Peptide
- Bioactive collagen peptide supplements enhance the production of collagen and elastin. They add elasticity and plumpness to the skin. Regular consumption of these supplements in moderate doses of 2.5 grams reduces the appearance of dimples and lumps that are commonly associated with cellulite. This is due to the fact that when the elasticity of skin improves, the fibrous bands that hold the fat in are able to stretch more and make more space for the fat.
Collagen peptide supplements also increase the dermal density i.e. they lead to fuller-looking skin which has fewer marks and indentations.
5. Increasing Muscle Density Through Targeted Exercises
- Exercise that targets the glutes and thighs tones these muscles and increases muscle definition. Targeted exercise also leads to firmer and smoother-looking skin. Regular and targeted exercise results in fat loss and reduced cellulite.
Consistent use and application of these remedies are effective in getting rid of cellulite naturally. However, for faster and better results you can opt for a cosmetic treatment known as Sculpsure. This is a skin tightening, cellulite reducing method that uses laser light to get rid of cellulite depositions.
To get more information on Sculpsure treatment, contact Missoula Wellness and Medispa. Our skilled estheticians will guide you about the procedure. Call us at 406-549-6600. We are located in Missoula, MT.