How does SculpSure work? We talked to dermatologists near you
According to estimates, more than 70 million adult Americans suffer from obesity. A sedentary lifestyle and consumption of high carb, high fat processed food are leading causes of obesity. Excess carbohydrates are stored as pockets of fat inside the body. They not only make the person physically unattractive but are precursors for cardiovascular disorders. They affect the overall quality of one’s life.
Regular exercise and eating balanced food are the right way of maintaining a healthy body. However, there are certain cosmetic procedures that can help get rid of excessive fat effectively in a short span of time and may prevent reaccumulation of fat. SculpSure is one such method. It is a non-invasive cosmetic treatment that uses laser technology to reduce or eliminate fat in certain areas of the body.
It is a non-surgical and fairly painless method that works for both genders and for a variety of body types. One sitting of SculpSure takes approximately 25 minutes and can be performed on multiple body parts simultaneously. Since this process does not require any incisions or anesthesia, it can be performed with minimal discomfort and without any side effects which are usually associated with surgery. This procedure has little to no recovery time.
Let us take a more detailed look at SculpSure and its working.
Working of SculpSure
SculpSure is an extension of a fat-melting procedure called lipolysis. It is a body contouring treatment that makes use of laser technology to melt away fat cells. It is carried out at medical clinics or beauty spas. The procedure usually takes 25-30 minutes during which the following actions are performed:
- The patient is seated in a comfortable recliner.
- The areas which will undergo the treatment will be marked by the physician or beauty consultant.
- The SculpSure device is wrapped around the body like a belt. It emits laser rays which have a wavelength of 1060-nanometer. They operate in a temperature range of 107.6 to 116.6 degrees Fahrenheit. This temperature has the potency to kill the fat cells by melting them away while not harming other adjacent body tissues.
- The device goes through a cycle of delivering cool and hot effects. This is a painless procedure during which the patient can relax, read or even take a nap.
The laser used in SculpSure treatment results in a process called apoptosis. During this process, fat cells are heated up which leads to their shrinking. Once the fat cells have been melted, they are consumed by the body’s lymphatic system and are expelled from the body approximately 12 weeks after the procedure. Visible reduction of fat can be observed 10-12 weeks after undergoing this procedure.
What is the Effectiveness of SculpSure Treatment in Reducing Fat?
- Experts are of the opinion that this procedure works well for obese people as well as those who are physically fit and wish to get rid of just a little extra fat. The best thing about this treatment is its longevity. It is a permanent fat-reduction treatment. Approximately 25% of fat cells are destroyed in the treated area and the chances of their regeneration are pretty slim.
However, healthy weight management should be practiced even after undergoing SculpSure treatment and getting the desired results from it. SculpSure does not alter the body’s metabolism and you are prone to regaining weight if food intake is not managed properly.
- This information has been brought to you by Missoula Wellness and Medispa. They offer professional services for SculpSure Treatment.