Getting your first botox injection? Here are some myths about botox you need to know
Botox has been in use by dermatology and cosmetology experts to treat the appearance of facial lines and wrinkles for many years. Botox is also used to treat varied types of medical conditions as well.
Botox has many uses, and today it is one of the most popular treatments for a variety of reasons, but there are still many misconceptions and myths about it. That is why when a doctor suggests Botox, you start to wonder if it is a good idea or if it is suitable for you to go for a Botox treatment.
Let us look into some real information regarding Botox so we can separate facts from fiction.
Modern Botox Misconceptions
Here are some of the most common myths about botox you need to know.
Myth 1: Botox Is dangerous and unsafe
- Federal Drug Authority (FDA) approved Botox for the treatment of some specific medical conditions in 1989. In 2002 Botox was approved to be used for cosmetic purposes. So far, millions of people from around the globe have used Botox for the treatment of various conditions.
They have found it to be very effective and safe. Like any other treatment, Botox treatment is also safe if carried out under the supervision of a qualified and experienced doctor following the guidelines given by the manufacturer.
Myth 2: Botox is painful
- A very common misconception regarding Botox is that it is a painful procedure. This thought, on the other hand, is far from reality. If the procedure is carried out by trained professionals, it is simply not possible that you end up bruised or have any discoloration or marks on your skin.
By following an appropriate technique, Botox is neither painful nor noticeable in any way. Its results are so subtle that no one would ever realize that you used Botox injections.
Myth 3: Botox is only for one specific gender or age group.
- Botox treatments are being carried out by a wide range of demographics around the world, and they have no such recommendation about gender or age to go for Botox.
Preventive Botox is an ideal treatment for the younger generation to rule out the occurrence of facial fine lines and wrinkles in the future. To maintain a young and fresh appearance in the cutthroat job market or for dating purposes, men are also going for Botox treatments.
Myth 4: Botox is immediate and permanent
- Common Botox is considered a one-time solution that will show immediate results. Unfortunately, both these concepts are far from being true. The gradual results of Botox start appearing within the first 3 – 5 days. Final results may take 7-10 days to appear.
Botox is a temporary treatment and lasts for 3-6 months depending on the patient and the number of times Botox has been injected to them.
Myth 5: Wrinkles will become worse if Botox is discontinued
- Botox is injected into the muscles to help them relax so the wrinkles can disappear. If you discontinue the Botox treatment, its relaxing effect will be lost slowly, and the appearance of wrinkles will resume. However, by no means will they be worse and will go back to the way they used to be before the treatment.
If you want to be a hundred percent certain that you are in safe hands, you should always look for a renowned and experienced practitioner like Missoula Wellness and Medispa. Now that the myths have been debunked, will you go for botox?