How can you prevent skin sagging naturally? Learn from the best dermatologist in Missoula
Sagging skin is an unpleasant reminder of aging. Skin sagging occurs due to the natural loss of collagen and elastin, which is an unavoidable consequence of aging. Aging is inevitable; however, there are certain things you can do to reverse the signs of aging. By following a few simple home remedies, you can prevent the sagging of skin naturally.
Let us take a look at what these remedies are.
- Most skin sagging occurs around the neck and the forehead. One easy way to prevent that is by regularly massaging the forehead. Massage provides support to the skin and pulls it up. This reduces the appearance of sagging skin. You don’t need expensive and fancy creams to perform the forehead massage rather, you can do with the common yet powerful oils found in your kitchen.
Coconut oil and olive oil are ideal for carrying out a forehead massage. These oils are rich in vitamin E, minerals, antioxidants like polyphenols and phytosterols. Use a pea-size amount of oil and gently massage your forehead in a circular motion with the oil for five minutes. Let the oil stay on your forehead for added moisture after finishing the massage.
2) Cucumber Juice Mask For the Eyes
- The skin around the eyes is very thin and delicate. As the concentration of collagen is already less in this area, the skin around the eyes starts to sag and show signs of aging much faster than the rest of the body. To prevent that from happening, it is recommended to use a cucumber juice mask for this area. Cucumber juice is very hydrating and prevents the appearance of wrinkles and sagging of skin.
Cucumber juice can be made at home. Chop a cucumber into fine pieces and put it in a blender. Grind it till a semi-liquid consistency is achieved. Pass the cucumber paste through a sieve and squeeze out the juice. Apply this juice around your eyes with the tips of your fingers. The juice will dry in 10 minutes after delivering its beneficial properties.
3) Exercise Your Mouth
The skin around the mouth is also thin and prone to laugh lines and wrinkles. The skin around the mouth starts to droop at an early stage which makes it an unsightly sight. Skin sagging around the mouth can be prevented by performing a few simple exercises every day. Do the following:
- Stretch your mouth in a position similar to when you pose for a picture and say “cheesseeee”. Continue stretching like this for three seconds.
- Make a pout-like posture and stretch your lips forward. Pretend that you are saying “booooo!”. Hold this position for three seconds.
- Alternate between the cheeessseee and boohoo position a couple of times. Hold each position for three seconds.
- This is round one. Repeat these steps another nine times to make it a total of ten rounds.
4) Hydrate The Skin Under The Jaw
- One of the most prominent and unappealing signs of aging is the sagging skin under the jaw. This happens as the body loses its ability to produce new collagen and the existing collagen starts to thin out. Collagen acts as a binder and provides support and structure to the skin. As collagen levels drop, the skin under the jaw begins to droop. Gravity pulls the skin down and when there isn’t enough collagen to support it, it elongates and sags.
You can prevent this from happening by moisturizing the skin under the jaw every day.
While these therapies are helpful in preventing skin sagging. However, you can also take professional help and undergo an ultherapy skin sagging procedure to tighten the skin. This will give you instantaneous and long-term results. Consult Missoula Wellness and Medispa. We provide ultherapy treatments in Missoula, Montana, and nearby areas.