Dermatologists near you talk about 6 proven ways to prevent wrinkles and fine lines naturally
Preventing our skin from looking old often feels like a race against time as most of our daily activities have sped up our aging process. The most prominent signs of aging are wrinkles and fine lines, which commonly start to develop during the mid-20s and early 30s.
Most experts believe that the perfect time to incorporate an anti-aging skincare routine is in the early 20s. However, along with the use of chemical enriched products, some of the most important things you can do to protect your skin are natural remedies. Read through our blog to learn how to prevent wrinkles and fine lines naturally.
Why Do Wrinkles and Fine Lines Appear?
- Wrinkles and fine lines are one of the first signs of aging. They appear because the elastin and collagen in our skin break down over time due to exposure to certain pollutants or lack of care. This makes our skin loose and it creates folds in the form of fine lines and wrinkles. The causes can vary from exposure, to what we eat, how we sleep, and many other everyday habits.
Six Ways To Naturally Prevent Wrinkles and Fine Lines
Preventing fine lines and wrinkles is everyone’s top priority. Here are six ways to naturally prevent them from appearing:
Avoid Exposure To Sun Without SPF
- Sun exposure and UV rays are the leading reasons for signs of aging to appear. These rays break down the collagen and elastin molecules in our skin, leading to fine lines and wrinkles. You must wear sunscreen with a good SPF to minimize damage by sun exposure. It is also suggested to wear sunscreen indoors as well.
Get Enough Sleep At Night
Not getting enough sleep can make the skin look tired and drastically reduce its properties for rejuvenation. This leads to the skin constantly being worn out. Lack of proper sleep can also lead to the development of unhealthy sleeping habits where one does not have a nighttime routine or sleeps in compromising positions for the skin.
Consider Quitting Smoking
- Smoking affects the skin in adverse ways. It promotes premature aging and can cause your skin to look dull and lifeless. Inhaling secondhand smoke can be just as detrimental to your skin. Therefore, try to cut down on smoking and avoid being around people when they are smoking.
Change Your Sleeping Position Regularly
- The way you sleep influences how your skin develops wrinkles. For example, if you sleep on your side with an arm under your head, your cheek will be squished on one side. This side is likely to develop more wrinkles as it’s being subjected to frequent pressure. Therefore change the way you sleep regularly or try sleeping on your back.
Get Reading Glasses
- This may come as a surprise but squinting and not wearing your eyeglasses can be a major contributor to wrinkles around the eyes and forehead. When you squint your pull muscles around your eyes and forehead causing the skin to crease. Over time, the areas where the skin creases become a location for many wrinkles like crow’s feet to develop.
Moisturize Your Face Often
- Not moisturizing your skin can cause it to age prematurely. This is because frequent moisturizing leads to skin being healthy and supple. Water is also very good at absorbing UV radiation, so healthy and hydrated skin is less damaged when exposed to the sun. Keeping your face moisturized can reduce the chances of fine lines and wrinkles appearing.
Although natural ways to prevent signs of aging may be plenty in number, they often yield varying results depending on a lot of features. Just because it worked for a friend doesn’t guarantee that it will work for you.
- However, our skin rejuvenation and anti-aging services at Missoula Wellness and Medispa will help you get the perfect skin. We provide services such as PRP therapy, Botox, Xeomin, and more to keep your skin looking flawless for longer. You can contact us at 406-549-6600 for an appointment or consultation. We offer services in Missoula, MT and nearby areas.