Learn 4 important uses PRP therapy from a cosmetologist in Missoula
Platelet-rich plasma (PRP) therapy is gaining a lot of popularity for its regenerative and therapeutic effects. In this treatment, healthy platelets are separated from the patient’s blood and injected at problematic areas such as a balding spot, injured tendons, or areas of sagging skin. The theory behind PRP treatments is that the therapeutic effect of the healthy platelets heals injured areas and helps in speedy recovery. PRP stimulates a natural healing process in the body.
Let us take a look at some of the important uses of PRP therapy.
For The Treatment of Various Musculoskeletal Conditions
- Musculoskeletal dysfunctions and injuries such as knee osteoarthritis, ankle sprains, tennis, elbow, and spine injuries can be quite painful and take some time to heal. Due to the nature of their job, athletes suffer from these injuries quite often. When an excessive load is applied to a certain group of muscles, they stretch beyond their limit and injuries occur.
PRP shots reduce the healing time by half and may also prevent re-injury in the same group of muscles. PRP treatment is often accompanied by other forms of therapies such as physical therapy and important changes in lifestyle that may aid in healing. PRP has proven to be helpful in treating patients with knee osteoarthritis and those with ligament injuries. PRP reduces dynamic instability in people suffering from acute ligament injuries.
Cosmetic Applications for Beauty Treatments
PRP has not only made a mark in the medical industry but has been rapidly taken up by the cosmetic industry as well. PRP shots help in the quick healing of scars and blemishes and recover after plastic surgery. They have age-defying effects and add volume and plumpness to the face. Other important beauty benefits of PRP include:
- The appearance of crepey, thin and loose skin is improved
- Helps in skin tightening by reducing skin laxity
- Improves the tone and texture of the skin
- Speeds up and increases the production of collagen
- Reduces the appearance of acne marks, fine lines, wrinkles, dark circles, and nasal labial folds.
For The Treatment of Hair Loss and Male Pattern Baldness
- PRP injections have made their mark in treating hair loss due to male pattern baldness and alopecia areata. PRP injections stimulate the growth of new hair in bald spots. They can also be combined with hair transplantation for stimulating the growth of new hair roots. PRP shots help restore lost hair for both men and women who may be suffering from androgenic alopecia or alopecia Areata. For more complex cases of hair loss, treatment needs to be administered every month for four to six months.
For Treating Medical Conditions
- PRP has been proven to be effective in treating multiple medical conditions such as chronic back pain and inflammation. PRP injections treat the root cause of chronic pain and inflammation, therefore reducing its chances for recurrence.
PRP injections are also administered to treat erectile dysfunction (ED) in males. Plasma Rich Platelets increase the blood flow in the vessels surrounding the penis and improve the health of the tissues, resulting in improved erectile function. Injection of PRP shots into the penis is known as Priapus Shot or P-shot.
If you want to include PRP injections as a part of your skincare routine, then contact Missoula Wellness and Medispa. We offer PRP treatment for skin rejuvenation, skin tightening, and reducing the appearance of wrinkles and bags. Call us at 406-549-6600. We provide services in Missoula, MT.