Doctors near you explain what are vaginal o shots treatment procedure and benefits
Sex is an important component of a healthy life. There has been an increased acceptance of female sexuality and women now openly communicate their desires, likes, dislikes, and problems when it comes to sex. Due to the open and frank discourse on female sexuality, it has come to attention that many women are unable to achieve complete sexual pleasure because of certain physiological issues such as poor lubrication and closed-up vaginal canal. This leads to uncomfortable sexual experiences and poor sex life.
Advancements in modern technology have introduced a way to increase the female libido and help you achieve a fulfilling sex life. PRP is a medical procedure that has been in use to heal injured areas and accelerate tissue repair. Recently, PRP has been used to stimulate the vagina and fix the issues which lead to low sex drive. This procedure is called Orgasm Shot (O-shot). It makes use of blood-derived growth factors to rejuvenate the vagina and increase libido.
Let us take a detailed look at how Vaginal O Shots are administered and what are their benefits.
What Are Vaginal O Shots?
- It is a non-surgical procedure that is administered to rejuvenate the vagina. Platelet-rich plasma is drawn from the arm of the patient and injected around the vaginal walls and clitoris. This is called an Orgasm or O shot. The platelet-rich blood stimulates the vaginal walls and augments the cell growth of the vaginal walls. This leads to increased sensation and vaginal lubrication. After being administered with an O shot, women experience heightened sexual arousal and are able to achieve stronger orgasms more frequently.
How Does The Procedure Work?
Vaginal O shots are performed as follows:
- Blood is drawn from the arm of the patient. It is put into a centrifuge which splits the blood into red blood cells, white blood cells, and platelet-rich plasma.
- The platelet-rich plasma is full of healthy platelets which can heal injured areas as well as stimulate underperforming body parts.
- The platelet-rich blood is injected into various erogenous zones such as vaginal walls, clitoris, and clitoral hood. An influx of healthy plasma into the understimulated vagina encourages cell growth. It enhances vaginal sensitivity which allows it to experience enhanced sexual arousal and pleasure.
The Vaginal O Shots are administered in a clinic, under the supervision of a physician. The procedure usually takes no more than an hour.
What To Expect After The Procedure?
It is a non-invasive and fairly painless procedure. There is no downtime and the patient can carry on with day-to-day activities post the procedure. You can even resume having sex on the same days as the procedure. However, the following after-effects are expected 24-48 hours post the procedure:
- A feeling of fullness or bloating in the vagina that can be a little uncomfortable.
- Swelling in the vagina
- Spraying of the urine stream which subsides as the swelling goes down
- Minor bleeding at the site of injection.
Maintenance treatments are needed every 6-12 months.
Benefits of Vaginal O Shots
Vaginal O shots offer the following benefits:
- Increased female libido
- Enhanced sexual drive
- More vaginal lubrication that leads to pleasurable sex
- Stronger and more frequent orgasms
- Improved sex life
- Tightened vaginal walls
Whereas Vaginal O Shots are meant to enhance sexual pleasure, they offer the following side benefits as well:
- Improved incontinence i.e. improved bladder control
- Relive pain from childbirth
- Treat interstitial cystitis
This information has been brought to you by Missoula Wellness and Medispa.