Learn about what is Juvederm from top skin doctors near you
Juvederm is a collection of injectable fillers used to reduce fine lines and fill cheeks and lips. Juvederm is made from hyaluronic acid (HA), a natural substance that occurs throughout the skin and body. Hyaluronic acid is key to the process of healing and tissue repair in the skin and also helps the skin retain moisture and softness. Finally, hyaluronic acid adds volume to the skin, making it ideal for a number of different uses.
Juvederm is a great way to replace the HA in your skin, plumping folds, reducing wrinkles, or adding volume in the right places.
Cosmetic physicians use the collection of Juvederm gel fillers for three main uses:
- Cheek filler. Juvederm is proven to lift and contour cheeks, giving users a more youthful appearance for up to two years after one treatment.
- Lip filler. With optimal treatment, Juvederm can give you fuller, plumper lips for up to a year.
- Line and wrinkle filler. Juvederm can be used to treat moderate to severe lines and wrinkles, especially parentheses lines around the mouth. Treatments last up to one year.
Our Other Injectible Enhancements
Juvederm is far from the only injectable enhancement offered at the Aesthetics Medical Spa. Different types of injectables, that work in different ways,
- Botox® is an injectable medication that can minimize the appearance of wrinkles as well as prevent the development of new wrinkles by affecting the facial muscles. Botox is an economical, non-permanent, and subtle way to achieve a more youthful appearance.
- Sculptra® This injectable is made from poly-L-lactic acid and replaces collagen in the skin that can be lost with age. An alternative to toxins and fillers, Sculptra is a good option for use on wrinkles around the eyes.
- Radiesse® Made from a natural, water-based gel, this injectable filler can be used to reduce the appearance of wrinkles around the eyes, face, and mouth. This non-surgical treatment can last from six months to a year.
Request a Consultation Today
The best way to find out if you are a good candidate for a non-surgical injectable cosmetic treatment is to speak to a doctor about your wishes and expectations regarding facial cosmetic procedures. Contact the Aesthetics Medical Spa and Skincare Center today to set up a private consultation with the director of our medical spa, Dr. Lisa Pacheco.